Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Dead Legs in the Morning

In my mind, I was going for a 40 minute run this morning. Sure, my quads were still a little tight yesterday from my most awesome 5K on Monday, and I probably didn't help that by riding my bicicleta (pronounce: bee-chee-clay-tuh) last night for 40 minutes, but whatareyagonnado?

You're gonna blow up on your morning run, that's what. 2.25 miles in 25 minutes. Let's call it a "recovery run". I really probably could have pushed it out to at least 30 minutes, but my quads were so tight I just decided to throw it in. I finished up with 20 minutes of Tae Bo at home. It was so hot and humid outside this morning that my door handle felt wet when I closed the door behind me on the way out. When I arrived home, my 75 degree house felt about 60 degrees. I guess that's one way to convince yourself that 75 is really cool. Seriously, what happened to that "coolness" of last week's mornings??

Since I bombed this morning, I'll brag on something from this weekend that I didn't post about. On Sunday I swam a mile. For the first time. Go me! I'm not going to tell how long it took. Suffice to say that it took a long time, but that I'm confident that I could actually do it faster if I didn't tool around so much in the pool. Oh, yeah, and if I got my endurance in the pool up to par. In bad news, the pool hours are down to weekends only. I'm really going to miss it... trying to look into other options for the winter, but not sure I can justify the expense.

Note to self: Hypothetically, let's say you wake up at 3:35 am on a 4:25 am alarm day needing to pee. You have two choices: ignore it and try to go back to sleep or get up and pee and try to go back to sleep. Now, option one may *seem* the better option because you are more likely to go back to sleep if you haven't just gotten up and walked around. However, since that means you are going to spend the next 50 minutes in a fitful sleep dreaming about peeing you might as well just get up and get it over with. Hypothetically speaking, of course.

No comments: