Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekend Update

So this weekend started off crappily, I'm not gonna lie.

Z was scheduled for her 18 month check-up on Friday, and shots were involved, so I anticipated that end-of-Friday and most-of-Saturday would be suck.  What I didn't anticipate was the the other baby in the house, the man-baby, would also be sick.  He stayed home from work on Friday.

I cleaned most of Friday.  I cleaned off the DVR, and I cleaned all over the house with a focus on cleaning off surfaces so that MY MAID can do her good and thorough work on Tuesday!  I struggled but mostly succeeded in not being bitter that Preston wasn't helping much.  He was sick, after all.

We went to pick up the Z early from daycare for her appointment.  Note to future self: 15 minutes from daycare to doctor.  She ate an ENTIRE BOX of fiddlesticks throughout the waiting and the appointment.  I brought them thinking to treat her after her shots, but she was honestly done with most of them before the Dr. even showed up.  She weighed 24 lbs (40%, up from 20% at a year), was 33 inches tall (90%, up from 40% at a year), and I don't remember the number for her head, but it was 97% (up from like 80% at a year)!!  My little bug is turning in to a tall smart skinny bug!

Doctor said she is way ahead of the curve on all targets.  She said she doesn't even ask if they use pronouns (much less correctly) until they are 2!  And over 100 words at 14 months is off the charts. 

And then they gave her shots.  Sad face.

And it was weird, it was kind of like she immediately felt bad.  I got her stopped crying, and we went out to the waiting room for the 15 minute wait for no allergic reactions, and she just collapsed against me like she was exhausted.  And by the time we got home, she was almost immediately fussy.

And the fussy carried over into Saturday.

We actually were ALL running a fever on Saturday.  Every last sick one of us.  Not my best parenting day, but we let Z have a LOT of access to the iPad on Saturday.  Because when she plays with the iPad, she doesn't fuss.  (Zombie babies don't fuss.)

Nevertheless, we made a few little trips to preserve our (adult) sanity.  Grocery store in the morning.  And we were perking up just a bit in the evening, so we ran up to Zales Outlet (because I asked to get some of my broken jewelry fixed for my birthday) and Old Navy.  Old Navy was mostly a bust: P got 2 jeans and I got a pair of shorts, but I was sad because I picked up 10ish things that I thought were cute, but nothing was cute ON me.  Sigh.  That little outing was a little too much, so we headed home, ate leftovers, and crashed.

Sunday the baby woke happy, thank goodness!  It was a normal day of cleaning, a little cooking (but not a big cooking day, certainly).  We took a walk in the morning, and a longer walk to the park in the evening.

She calls it a seal the first time, every time, but she knows it is a whale.

RUNNING down the driveway.

"Hi Mr. Turtle, what are you doing?  He's walking.  Bye bye Mr. Turtle, see you later!"
And because Monday morning is still a little weekendish in my mind: got up this morning 2 hours before the butt crack of dawn.  Jumped up quickly so as not to lose my nerve, but still dawdled enough to hit the road at my normal time.  Ran 4 loops in 35:30, which looking back at my logs isn't fast, but the first 3 were in 26:30, which is fast.  Weird.  It was hot, maybe 75 with 90% humidity.  Nasty.  When I got back Preston freaked out about my red-purple face which looked like I had put a crazy mask on.

No comments: