Wednesday, April 11, 2012

On Cars (Again)

A.g.a.i.n.

Ok, I've done almost a complete 180 from the beginning of the thinking-about-new-car process, and I have finally decided on a category of automobile that I want to focus on: mid-size SUV.  I know, I know.  I just can't see replacing the Menace with something *smaller* when we vaguely talk about our family *growing*.  I will probably throw in a few "large" SUVs, too, for comparison's sake.

So, the contenders:
Toyota 4Runner (seats 7, 4WD available, USB inc., good off-road reviews)
Honda Pilot (seats 8, 4WD available, meh)
Ford Explorer (seats 7, Ford SYNC (meh), don't get Ecoboost, MyTouch (meh) 4WD available, good reviews overall)
Dodge Durango (Ugly, seats 7, no 4WD?? AWD available, RWD, "fun to drive" reviews, bluetooth streaming)
Kia Sorento (seats 7, great warranty, no off-road, meh)

Chevy Tahoe (large, pricey, seats 9, 4WD available, good gas mileage for size, rear seats have to be removed - don't fold down)
Nissan Pathfinder (seats 7, 4WD, V6 or V8)
Mazda CX-9 (seats 7, bluetooth streaming, "fun to drive", looks could be meaner)
Acura MDX (pricey, but great reviews, seats 7, "fun to drive", standard AWD, USB)
GMC Yukon (seats 9 - I was getting distracted by the end)
Toyota Sequoia (seats 9 - I was getting distracted by the end)

Hmmm... after going through all that, I think my favorites are Toyota 4Runner, Acura MDX, Dodge Durango, and Madza CX-9.

No comments: