Monday, April 23, 2012

Ugh

Dear blogger,

WTF???

Sincerely,
Amber


And on to the post.

Last week was TLA Annual Conference. I went to sessions and got ideas and it was generally good.  I once again did not do the Fun Run, because I couldn't make it downtown in time after I dropped the Z off.  Someday I'm going to DO THAT RUN again.  And I'm going to be fast and badass.  I got Judy Blume's and Orson Scott Card's autographs.  I screwed that up, though - note for next year: bring my own hardback books.  The publishers are morons who only provide paperbacks.  And often not the beloved title that induced you to stand in line forever.  Ugh!  I volunteered for a committee, good girl.  Hopefully something will come out of it this time.  Every year my boss wants me to apply for this leadership honor thing, and every year I turn her down because I don't have the service to back up an application.  So I've set out to get a service record.  Because I'm a professional.  Or something.

TLA always leaves me exhausted.  Friday afterwards I just went home and "worked really hard" at clearing off the DVR.  It was great.

After that, though, well... I was in a total funk this weekend.  I'm not gonna lie.  Saturday the baby was fussy and so was I.

You know, I hate the condition of my house.  Hate it.  I really need help and feel like I'm not ever going to be able to dig myself out from under the pile.  You know, we make so much trash, but somehow there is *always* more stuff coming in than going out.  I kind of lost it, and I think Preston is on board with us getting a maid, now.

Having a little one changes everything, you know?  I always hate being in a funk, but I feel even shittier about it when I know it is bleeding over into my interactions with my kid.  But then I feel even funkier.  What a vicious cycle.

No comments: