Friday, April 13, 2012

Hurt Myself. (Again)

Yesterday morning was one of those mornings where you really don't want to get out of bed.  You are so deeply asleep when the alarm goes off at 4 that you really want to just turn over.

But I've turned over a new leaf, and after Easter's gluttony was over I promised myself that I'd get back on track with my diet and exercise.

So I dragged myself out of bed.  I procrastinated as long as possible, but finally hit the road only 5 minutes late, wearing my new shoes for only the second time.  I walked my typical quarterish mile warm-up, and broke into a (slow) run.  About half a mile later, I felt a pain in my right butt.  It actually felt kind of like the sciatica I had when I was preggo - a shooting nerve pain - but it was originating in my butt and radiating down my hamstring.  I immediately started walking and turned for home.

I've been taking ibuprofen and I foam rolled last night, but I'm still feeling a lingering, almost burning knotted sensation in my hamstring, maybe 6 inches above my knee.

This. BLOWS.

No comments: