Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I ran!

Woke up this morning, unengorged, and popped out of bed for a 30 minute run.  Slow, but no walking.  And now I have a baseline for how far I can go in 30 minutes, so I can proceed with trying to beat it.  (From the top of the hill, on the short PW out-and-back loop, back to about halfway up the hill.)

Important things about this morning's run:
I got out of bed quickly.  FINALLY.
My boobs weren't engorged (THANK YOU!), so I was not in pain and capable of running.
I can run even though I have a strange rib injury.
I mentally forced myself not to walk.  It was difficult, but I did it.

Interesting things I noticed about this morning's run:
100% humidity (i.e. it started raining on me) feels better than 99% humidity.
Weather that is lovely for walking my warm-up isn't so awesome once I start running.

Earworm for this morning's run:
Shine by Collective Soul

A morning run really starts my day off right!

No comments: