Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Big Cooking Day #3

(Not quite as big as the last 2.)

Made the Chicken Curry slow cooker/freezer recipe.  Nom nom!  I think it's our second favorite after the Barbecue Chicken.  We'll do it again.

Last post we hadn't tried the Goulash yet.  Here's the review: it wasn't our favorite.  We found it a bit... dry.  I also didn't like the bell peppers I used (recipe called for sweet peppers, but I couldn't find those at the store).  I think I'll try it again, though, because I really want a recipe for beef to work.  Only without the bell peppers, and maybe with a nice big can of diced tomatoes added in.

Along the same lines, P was really worried about the Chicken Curry being too dry, so he added in 1/2 c of water, but I really don't think it was necessary.  Might try with only 1/4 c next time.

Other than that, we didn't do as much cooking as I wanted.  We did shrimp and mashed potatoes again because the store was still running a great deal on shrimp.  And we wanted steak this week, and that is sort of a same-day proposition.  I did want to do corn, but we ran out of time, and I figured the slow cooker would be 2 days worth, so we really didn't need to do much else this week.  That was nice in and of itself.

I think I'll probably skip next week for a Big Cooking Day #4 and use one of the frozen halves of the recipes I've done so far, since we'll be busy with/tired from guests and Z's big party this weekend.

No comments: