Thursday, October 27, 2011

Big Cooking Day #6

(No run this morning - even though the Rangers got rained out last night, the Z woke up twice in the night, so I slept in.)

This BCD was a win for the bake sale, and a fail for family dinners.

I made 2 batches of the Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins and the Pineapple Pecan Cake with cream cheese icing.  Both totally made from scratch.  And they did very well at the bake sale - I reckon I was responsible for over $30 of what we earned!

I'm not only the baker, I'm also a client.

And I unfroze the 2nd half of the crockpot Chicken Curry and made that.  But it turned out that that was only 1 night worth of food, and we ate it on Sunday night!

So the rest of this week has been a total scramble.  Monday I had Preston pick up Murphy's sub sandwiches for us and my parents who are in town.  Tuesday we ate PBJ sandwiches, and Wednesday my mom did a Breakfast for Dinner night at her house with pancakes, french toast, and bacon.  (And the Z loved her pancakes and drank a ton of milk out of a glass, yay!)  I have absolutely no idea what we'll do tonight - maybe frozen pizza(s).  But I'm off on Friday so we'll be back in business with more healthy eating then.  All this daily uncertainty about what to eat for dinner has really reminded me of why I do the BCD's, and how I need to not lose my focus on the purpose, which is to feed my family Monday through at least Wednesday, preferably Thursday.  But the bake sale is for charity and only once a year, so I wouldn't go back and change things...  I do know that as the holidays approach, though, I'll probably be tempted to stray again.  I need to remind myself to keep on track - fun baking is extra!!

No comments: