Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Week 20

Cravings:
FEED ME.

Aversions:
FEED ME.

Other symptoms:
Still a bit moody. And I think The Kid pushes on something in my right hip area. Makes it so I can hardly walk. Little bitch.

Things bugging me:
Can't make decisions. Physically unable.

Current weight: 141.8


Other preggo stuff:

Nursery is now free from popcorn on its ceiling. And has had a coat of ceiling paint, and a second coat of primer. Next weekend is color painting and (hopefully) starting on the floor!
Went to Babies 'R Us to look at bedding. Could.not.make.decision. Went Friday with Mom and Sunday with P. Need to make a decision so that we know what color to paint the walls. Nothing will make you feel more moronic than a pregnancy-induced inability to make a decision. For serious. I think P finally talked me into the "Sweet Stitches" line. Here is a pic:
He likes it because it is veeeeeeery simple compared to most of the options. I likey because of the blue. And because the mobile that goes with is totally precious. And, you can't tell, but because that hot pink bit on the bumper has stitching on it that sort of looks like cross-stitching, which I do. (I wasn't entirely convinced, because I really wanna animal theme the room. At least a little. P had to convince me that a hummingbird is an animal. And that one animal per item is ok.)

I made an attempt at explaining this need for a theme to him the other day, and I thought it was a good insight into the way that my (not sane) mind is working right now. I think I want a theme because I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I go into a huge, gigantic store like Babies R' Us, and I feel totally overwhelmed. There are like 50 options for any given thing. Now, I'm gonna consumer reports the hell out of a car seat, stroller, etc. But for a fucking pillow? Why are there 50 choices??? If I have a theme, more than half of them are automagically eliminated for me. "Oh, this one doesn't have an animal on it - I can't get it!" And I need that. You remember, me, who cannot currently make decisions. The more of this process that is automated, the better. That's what I'm going with, at least.


Non-preggo stuff:

Couch to 5K week 4 went all right last week, but this morning I had to quit because of the hip. Little bugger. It wasn't the running, it was The Kid. Hopefully better luck on Thursday.

There isn't anything else. I feel like it is all about the pregnancy right now.

I do have a vacation coming up week-after-next. Thank goodness!

No comments: