Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Preggo Running in Houston Heat

It isn't 8am yet, and it is 81 degrees with 91% humidity and a heat index of 89. Welcome, summer.

I did Couch to 5K, my week 2 modification again this morning. My modification is to run past the 90 second mark to 2 or 2.5 minutes. Up to 3 or 4 minutes on the last interval.

This morning it was probably about 2 minutes, 2.5 min, 2 min, 2.25 min, 2 min, 3.5 min. Walk breaks are whatever is left.... usually 75-90 seconds.

The running is fine. (Except the Kid was on my sciatic nerve again. Bitch.)

But, omg, the heat! The humidity!! I actually took my shirt off before I got home and had the preggo belly out for the world to see while I walked my cooldown. (No one actually drove or walked by to see, but still!) It was freaking miserable out there this morning. Not a breath of air. I've always hated running in the soup of summer Houston, but doing it preggo is practically torture.

No comments: