Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Week 24

Cravings:
Still any kind of fruit. Also vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup. Last night I had a sudden urge to make brownies. I didn't really feel the craving to eat them, but the house was going to explode if I didn't make them. So I made them. Then ate them with cold milk. They were yummy!

Aversions:
Not eating.

Other symptoms:
Getting some crampy feelings in my belly occasionally. And sore in my rear a little. Kid was up on the sciatic again the other day - boo! Oh, and nesting. Hardcore, undeniable need to clean stuff, organize stuff, do stuff at home.

Things bugging me:
I'm in kind of a funk. I don't know a better way to say it than that. Yesterday morning, I looked in the mirror and I was just so *not* cute. And I really wanted to feel cute.

Preston did finally get the fan up (yay!!!), so I have moved on to being bugged that the floors won't be in town in time for us to work on them this coming 3 day weekend. I will compensate by having a full list of other stuff we need to do, though, of course.

Having to come to work when all you want to do is nest really sucks.

Riding my bike (on the trainer) is really making my ass hurt. Like, more than ever before. I don't know if it is encouraging spreading or something....??? I may have to bust out the reclining bike soon and take to it instead...

Also, running is getting harder. I started back with C25K Week 2 after vacation, and I'm still pulling off 90 second intervals, but I'm not going past 90, and sometimes 90 is a struggle. The belly is really bouncing around, and I just don't feel like I can breathe very well. I'm sure I'm running so slow that Preston could walk next to me, but I feel like I'm working so hard! Every run I make it a little less far than the previous run, yet I'm running the same amount of time. I'm not sure how much more running I have left in me, and that scares me. I really rely on running for self-confidence and mood regulation. I'm trying not to let it get me down, but I am definitely struggling with that this week.

Current weight: 152.2 I am now officially the heaviest I have ever been.

Ultrasound:
Had an ultrasound yesterday. I didn't say anything before because I didn't want to be freaking out, nor did I want to jinx anything... my last ultrasound (18 weeks), showed that The Kid's head was too small. The doctor told me about it and not to worry about it, that the ultrasound techs are measuring something so small that the tiniest misplacement of the measuring mark can make a reading look wrong. Or that the angle of The Kid could have been funny. Or something. So, don't worry, but she wanted a follow-up. Well, I tried not to worry, though in fits of hormones I'd wail at Preston, "What if The Kid is a pinhead???". Anyways, yesterday was the follow-up. I am happy to report that her head is of normal size for her gestational age. Thank the gods! Actually her head and all her other bits were measuring large for her age - between 25-26 weeks instead of 24 weeks. Of course, I think that supports my theory that my due date is set a little on the late side, but we'll see.

Oh, and I got *the best* picture of her off the ultrasound. Will post when I have time to scan this weekend.

That is actually a long story, too. The ultrasound machine wasn't printing. The tech took all the shots she needed, plus this one awesome shot of The Kid's face. And it actually looks like a face!! Not like a skull, but like a face!! Anyways, she finished my exam, after taking like 40 shots/measurements of the head, and went to consult with the supervisor person about the measurements. While she was out, another lady comes in. I was actually initially scared, as I thought this might be someone coming to tell me that there was truly something wrong with the head, but turns out that she was going to try to fix the printer. She couldn't, so sends in another lady, who did. Then she comes back in, tells me the Kid's head is fine, and can she ultrasound my belly again so we can get some pics because it can't print out the ones she already took. I heartily assented - it was like 2 for the price of 1!!, and she took a few shots (among them confirming without a doubt that it is a girl - we could see the 3 lines and everything!), but I lamented the loss of the precious picture. So she tried to go back and print it and turns out she could, yay! On my way out, she thanked me for being such a nice, happy patient!! Yay, me! (I was nice and happy, I mean, nothing was her fault, and I was grateful to be getting to see The Kid and maybe get some more pictures. I think it'd be cool to be an ultrasound tech, I mean, I bet most of their job is so happy... but maybe I'm wrong...)

Anyways, brought the picture home to Preston and wow, you should have seen his face - I mean, this looks like a kid in there. He was totally floored. It was really cool.

No comments: