Monday, June 7, 2010

Week 21

Cravings:
Is it food? Give it here. I'll eat it.

Aversions:
Not eating.

Other symptoms:
Still a bit moody.

Things bugging me:
Preston. Sorry dude, but it's my blog, and I'm not gonna lie. (P.S. Things not to say to your pregnant wife when she asks if you are coming to the belly check today: "Maybe, but I was really hoping to get home from work at a decent time. Why do these appointments have to be so inconvenient?" It is going to be a looooooong time before you live that one down. You know, how my pregnancy is so inconvenient *for YOU*.)

Current weight: 144.8 Yep. My body hates me.


Other preggo stuff:

Nursery has had a second coat of ceiling paint, and 2 coats of a kind of minty green color called "Rain Forest". I think it is going to be nice. Now that everything is dry, though, I need to take the bedding upstairs and see how it looks. Goodness, I hope it doesn't suck! No floors yet. :-( Preston and a buddy of his ripped down our old chimney, which was rotting, and built us a new one instead. And I don't know if we'll work on the nursery in the next 2 weekends or not... we're taking a vacation week next week, but we've got some mini-trips planned, and also just need some relaxing time... we'll see.

We also bought a fan:The coolest thing about it is that it also comes with white blades, so when the colors aren't cool any more, we'll just switch them out! I'm not sure it is P's favorite, but I like the idea that The Kid won't have to stare at a completely white ceiling for the first months of her life.

It seems like we might be going more birds and flowers and anything that fits in the colors. Fine. Whatever. I think I might not care any more.


Non-preggo stuff:

Couch to 5K week 4 last Thursday didn't happen. The hip was still sore, and when the alarm went off it was raining. So I said fuck it. Therefore, this morning, I went back to a modification of Week 2: 6x2 minute runs with 90 second walk breaks. That went really well, so will try week 4 again on Wednesday.

I also got up 20 minutes earlier, and I liked it. I did it so P would work out. He is off the Nexium now, thus heralding the coming of his brilliant new and improved diet/lifestyle. We're looking at small changes right now, so a 20 minute bike ride this morning for him was a step in the right direction. The earlier start for me made me almost feel like my old self: early to start, the more working-out to do. It didn't really work out that way, but it may in the coming days. And that wouldn't displease me.

Belly check this afternoon.

No comments: