Thursday, May 27, 2010

Whoa, we're halfway there!

(Come on, sing it, you know the song! Totally stuck in my head today.)

So, today I am 20 weeks. Today I have made half a baby. I mean, the baby is half-baked. I mean, I'm halfway through this pregnancy.

She's bouncing around in there quite a bit. I feel her every day, now, though still not reliably.

Last night we were watching Deadliest Catch (love that show!), and you know the theme song is "Dead or Alive". We always watch the intro (the only other show we watch the intro/credits for is CSI:NY, because they use "Baba O'Riley" for theirs), and we belt out the lyrics. So I looked over at P and asked if we owned that song. He didn't think so, so he fetched my iTouchy and DL'ed the entire album. Later that night, we were laying on the bed, and wow, she was kicking! He even took his hand off my belly to see if we could see it move, and sure enough, we can! So he turned that song on, and I swear she was kicking only on the downbeats (ah, yes, she's going to be a musical genius!)!!!

P got upset for a minute because "Dead or Alive" isn't exactly what we'd have chosen for her first song, but I assured him that I've already introduced her to all kinds of music that he hates when we drive in the car. ;-)

Whoa---oh, we're half way there....

1 comment:

j. said...

This might be my favorite update ever. haha