Thursday, April 1, 2010

12 Weeks

Cravings:
Smoothies, especially berry flavored ones
Fresh home-made wraps with: wheat tortillas, fat mayo, swiss, provolone, ham, turkey, tomato, avocado, spinach

Aversions:
Chocolate, still
Eggs, at least, I'm still scared of them

Other symptoms:
Still ravenous
Less tired (thank goodness)
Less nauseous (thank all that is good and holy)
And I think I'm peeing a bit less too!

Things bugging me:
Dirty kitchen (it isn't ever really going to be clean, is it?)
Dirty nursery carpet (I WANT NEW FLOORS!!!)

Current weight: 132.8 (It just happened one day. I was 121.4, and then the very next day I was 132.8, and it hasn't dropped back down. It looks like this might be my pattern: plateau, gain all at once, plateau, gain, etc. It has been that was so far.)
I have continued doing a great job avoiding the MCC ice cream, and eating lots of fresh fruit/veggies (although perhaps not as great a variety as I should).

Had an ultrasound appointment for Nuchal Translucency Testing. I don't really think the test was necessary, but thought it would be cool to see my kid again, so did it. I was supposed to go with a full bladder, and boy(!) did I ever comply! The tech actually said it hurt her to look at it that full, and then let me go pee! The kid wouldn't get into the perfect position for her, so she prodded and jiggled my belly trying to get him to roll over. Kid is already stubborn like a redhead... (oh, please, let my kid be a redhead!) I was secretly cheering him on, because the longer he didn't comply, the longer I got to look at him! Brought home 5 pics for Preston. Seriously, I could not believe how much *bigger* he was. Instead of 4 indistinct circles, I saw a profile! And arms! And fingers! And a radius and ulna! And a spine! Wow. I mean, seriously, wow. After about 35 minutes, she got the shot she needed, they took my blood, and I went to Smoothie King for my reward!


Non-preggo stuff:
Did Couch to 5K, Week 1, Day 2 last Sunday, and Day 3 this morning. My knee didn't hurt, and has been much less sore than the first time in the days following. The kid still owns allllllll my wind.

No comments: