Friday, March 30, 2007

My First "Brick"

A brick is usually described by triathletes as a back-to-back workout of two tri disciplines (swim, bike, run). I don't know if it is technically correct to call it a brick, since one of my "disciplines" was Tae Bo, but this morning I did my first Tae Bo/Run brick. I didn't begin my workout intending to do my Tae Bo and run back-to-back. Normally Fridays are two workout days for me with a long (1hr) Tae Bo in the morning and C25K in the evening. However, since I am supposed to be slowly easing my way back into my exercise I decided to do Tae Bo Strength, which is only 45 minutes. I sweated and worked hard, but at the end I still had energy. So I finally decided to just tack my run on the end and get everything out of the way this morning. It was both a good and a bad idea. Good because I finished everything I wanted to accomplish today before noon and because I was thoroughly warmed up for my run and because I worked my butt off on the run. Bad because I had only eaten a Nutrigrain bar a couple of hours before I started, so by the end of the run I think I was starting to bonk. Note to self: get up on Fridays when Preston leaves and eat a full breakfast, then fall back asleep, then get up and exercise if I'm planning on more than 1 hour.

1 comment:

miss petite america said...

tae bo rocks!!

wtg on the awesome workout!