Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Houston Traffic and a New Car?

Well, this morning I turned out another Tae Bo (Cardio Circuit 1), but still not at 100% because of my oblique/rib. I did find that sitting at my desk for 10 hours at work yesterday and self-medicating with ibuprofen seemed to do the little bugger some good, so hopefully another 3 days of that and it will be almost well. I think I'll do another week 3 day of C25K tomorrow. Technically, I've done all 3 days of week 3, but I did day 1 before my flu, so I'd like to do a repeat day before moving on. Also, before the flu I was only running 2 days per week (Friday and Sunday) because I was trying to give my shins as much leeway as possible, so my C25K weeks were really taking a week-and-a-half. I'd like to get into a 3 day per week mode, so we'll see how it goes tomorrow and see if I can start a Weds-Fri-Sun run habit.

But what is really on my mind this morning? Traffic and Cars! The traffic this morning was horrible! I normally get to work 20 minutes early, but this morning I was 10 minutes late. Grr. The cause? Well, it seems that it was very important for everyone on the highway this morning to look at the wreck on the other side of the highway. Veeeeery important. Important enough for all of us to be late to work. Yeah.

About cars. It seems that I have the opportunity to purchase one of my parents' vehicles if I want to. Here is the lowdown: I could go from a 19 year old sports car with 137k miles to either an 8 year old pickup truck with 107k or a 7 year old 4x4 SUV with 127k and a leather interior. I should mention that I have a bit of an emotional attachment to my car and its speed. I also don't have just a ton of money floating around right now and won't for the forseeable future. My parents would finance it for me with no "institutional intervention" if I wanted one. I drive about 10k miles per year. Wish they made some choices in life easy!

No comments: