Thursday, March 29, 2007

Exercise Reports and a New Roof

Well, last night when I got home I felt like I had a little extra energy. Pre-flu I always rode the stationary bike on Wednesday nights because Preston has school that night and doesn't get home til very late. I hadn't planned on riding this week, though, because my goal for the week was to just ease back into aerobic training with at least 30 min. of aerobics per day. But I felt so good that I went for it. I only did 30 minutes with 5 minutes at each of levels 1-6 (but not in that order). I really struggled with levels 5 and 6 with my legs feeling a little dead, so perhaps I went a little too hard a little soon, but I have no regrets.

This morning I did my favorite Tae Bo Cardio Circuit 1 and felt great! Even my oblique was less grumpy than it has been all week. I'm really excited because I finally feel like I can see the end of the line on all of this injury/illness bull.

I'm still vacillating on buying one of my parents' cars. They would finance it for me, so I could get it at a low price over 48 months without jacking up my insurance costs due to formal financing. This is very tempting, because at our ages, insurance costs could potentially run more than car payments for Preston and I. (Which never fails to rankle, since I've not made a claim on my car insurance EVER, but last night I found out that my liability-only runs the same price as my parents' full-coverage. Grr.) It would also feel just wonderful to know without a doubt that every time I get in my car, it will start and run without dying. Not sure what that feels like, but I'm sure it is wonderful! I just have serious issues unclenching from the money in my hands, and I want to make sure that I'm getting good value if I'm unclenching.

My new roof is beautiful and completely and painlessly done in just one day! No more leaks for us, joy!

No comments: