Thursday, March 29, 2007

A Running Compliment

I forgot in my last post to mention that I was very excited yesterday when I talked to Preston. A few weeks ago when he was watching me do a C25K, I asked him to watch my form, and his comment was that he couldn't see anything wrong, but that I looked just slow and tired and energyless. At the time, I just accepted the comment and moved on, as I was really focusing on changing my form, increasing my stride rate, getting rid of the shin splints, and just slogging through the minutes. Yesterday morning when Preston left for work he drove by me running, and when we spoke he mentioned that I looked faster. Yay!! I looked faster!! Actually, not only did I look faster, I actually was going faster. I noticed yesterday that I was running about 10 min./mile pace, which is definitely faster than I started C25K running. And the best part is that I haven't been trying to get faster, per se, just trying to build mileage and endurance and proper form, woohoo!

No comments: