Wednesday, March 28, 2007

C25KW3D3 (Repeat) and a New Roof?

This morning I decided to get a run in. Before my flu, I was running Fridays and Sundays only. I saw this return to health that coincided with the healing of the shin splints as an opportunity to get on the three-day-per-week running schedule that I would prefer. I ran last Thursday and Sunday, so today made my third run with another two day in-between break. Now I'd like to pick it up a notch and shift to one off-running day in between. I think my legs and body can handle it. The run this morning felt much better than this past Sunday. On Sunday I was really struggling with the 3 min interval. It seemed endless!! Also my oblique/rib was bothering me while I was running. This morning it stayed quiet (although still definitely injured) and I felt strong through my intervals. Now the real question is: do I move on to Week 4 on Friday? I have plenty of time in the schedule to repeat days when necessary and still make my post-college 5k debut on Memorial Day weekend, which is my goal, but I felt so good this morning that I think I'll save that padding for later in the program when I may need it more.

I find that exercising so much has led my brain to dwell on exercise plans. I'm constantly thinking about my schedule and if I can work more exercise in. I never thought I'd be this person, but I like her!

As of today I'm officially 10 pounds down from January 1. 5 to go to my very attainable wedding goal, 10 to go to my more long-term goal, and 15 to go to my ultimate goal, which is the bottom of a 5 pound range that I want to stay in for the rest of my life.

Hopefully today when I get home from work, there will be a new roof on my house, yay!

No comments: