Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Training

I was doodling in a meeting the other day trying to figure out what workouts I'd have in my perfect week.  I came up with 2 each of: swim, bike, run, lift/core, yoga, and fun stuff.  Unfortunately that is 12 workouts per week, and not bloody likely.

But after that, I did manage a pretty heavy week.  It looked like this:
Monday morning: Run
Tuesday morning: Bike
Tuesday afternoon: Swim, then Racquetball
Wednesday afternoon: Yoga, Core
Thursday morning: Run
Friday afternoon: Swim
Saturday afternoon: P90X Arms & Shoulders
That's not half bad!!  That's what... 2 runs, 1 bike, 2 swims, 1 lift, 1 core, 1 yoga, 1 fun.  I'll take hitting all the categories!  And honestly, if I had gotten in another bike, I'd be over-the-moon THRILLED with this.

This week may be a little wonky since there is the potential for another flooding event in my area AND my morning childcare solution is out of town, so my work schedule is also all wonky.  As such, I got my run in on Monday morning.  Hopefully the week will look like this:
Monday morning: Run
Tuesday morning: Bike
Wednesday morning: Lift/Core
Wednesday afternoon: Racquetball
Thursday morning: Bike
Thursday afternoon: Swim
Friday morning: Yoga
Saturday morning: Run Dad's Day 5K
Crossing my fingers!  I'm prepared to sub in workout videos and/or the bike trainer for rainy mornings, if necessary, but would rather not if I don't have to.

Come rain, or sleet, or HEAT, onward!

No comments: