Friday, June 5, 2015

Target Acquired for "Getting Faster"

This just popped up on my running radar this week on National Run Day.  Someone posted in the HARRA Facebook a discount code for the Run One in Houston.

I'm so in!

My goodness I wish we had had this a few years back when I was fast!  I bet that I could have gone sub-8 in a one mile race back in 2008 when I set my 5K PR.  Arg, that would have been so awesome!!

Well it isn't 2008, but I've been aching to add back in a little speed.  I'm forgoing the long stuff for the foreseeable future.  I could see myself getting back up to 10K for the winter, and the 8 mile Turkey Trot for Thanksgiving, but that is ALL.  I will not succumb to the temptation to go longer.  I will NOT!!!   The last time I was going for speed, getting to about 6 miles was helpful, so that'll be the goal this time too.

So this morning I went out and did a one mile "time trial", just to see where I am.  9:50.  But I negative split it!  I have 3 months to improve.  I definitely want to go sub-9.  I think I can do it if I really focus on this and don't get hurt.  And I think it'll be good for me.

Let the training begin!

No comments: