Saturday, March 2, 2013

Reverse Monster Truck Dream

So in this dream I'm over at my in-laws' house.  They have a big cul-de-sac right outside that they use frequently as a parking lot.  We were over there to help them build this sand mound to use as a parking space for one of those big (ridiculous) Texas trucks with giant tires and lift.

At some point during the building process I had to go inside to see Zoë, and when I come back out, the mound is finished and MY monster truck is parked on top of it.  I need to get something out of it, so I climb over a red concrete barrier that separates the homes from the cul-de-sac, and walk over to the mound.  I'm very aware of the sand debris scattered along the cul-de-sac as I walk to the mound.  All the in-laws are standing in the front yard of their house watching.

I get there and scramble up the sand, notice the front right wheel is a bit in the air due to the unevenness of the mound, open the truck door on the passenger side, and even as I wonder how I'm going to be tall enough to get into the truck, somehow I get my foot inside and hike myself up.  I'm sitting facing forwards in the passenger seat, but all of the driving controls are on the wall on the driver's left.  I think this is odd, but reach over, stick in the key (big reach, way behind me to the left), and turn the thing on.

Then the truck very slowly begins to roll backwards off the mound.  There is a house behind it, and of course, no concrete barrier.  I fling myself into the driver's seat and the gas and brake pedals are in the normal spot, though the steering wheel is behind me on the left wall.  I try to push on the brake, but it is really hard to depress, sort of like my Mustang used to be when it was turned off.  I start to panic.  Look over at in-laws house and everyone is still just standing around watching.

For some reason, I stick my foot under the break and pull powerfully up, and the truck stops, perilously close to the garage of the house behind.  I think now that the truck is stopped, I can get my foot from under the brake and reverse it to normal.  I try and the truck begins rolling again.

And then I woke up.

No comments: