Monday, February 18, 2013

On (Lack of) Motivation

My Kid is sick.

I'm not gonna lie: it was a rough, ROUGH weekend.  The kind where she basically was an emotional basketcase.  Horrible.  All we wanted was for her to go to sleep.  For the silence.  And peace.

Of course P and I got it too.

So then we're sick and dealing with it.

My plan was to run on Friday.  P90X on Sunday after I got to AD house.  P90X Monday morning.

I did none of those things.

And honestly when I woke up this morning and turned over and went back to sleep, it felt goooooood.

The dangerous, dangerous bit is the part of me that thought, "Oh, well, I missed Sunday and Monday, that's practically half the week, I may as well throw in the towel for the rest of the week.  Let myself "recover"."


UPDATE:
Z went back to the doctor on Tuesday and it was pneumonia AND an ear infection.  Lovely.  (She had been last week and they said cold.  Lovely.)

My lungs tightened up massively on Tuesday.  Feels sort of like bronchitis.  Still no fever though.  I am throwing in the towel on the week, but I think I have crossed the line from lazy to really trying to do what is right for my body.  But of course, starting back up next week will be a beast.  But I WILL do it.

No comments: