Tuesday, February 12, 2013

8 Pounders

Last weekend I bought new dumbells, 8 pounders.  I've been using 5lb weights for P90X, and although that has left me trembling and noodley, I have never lifted to failure with 5lbs, and in the last week or two I've noticed dramatic gains in my lifting ability to the extent that I was no longer getting trembling and noodley after my favorite P90X Arms & Shoulders workout.  So I figured it was time to mix it up.

O. M. G.

I have definitely *definitely* now lifted to failure.  Tony Horton's all: "Evvvvvvverybody does 16 reps!" and I'm all: "Duuuuuuude, I just knocked out 4 and I literally CANNOT lift the weight again."

It was awesome. :-)

But I do need to bring my 5's to AD house as well, because there are some moves, like the flip grip tricep extensions, that I literally just cannot do with 8's.  And also, maybe I could lift to failure with 8's and then bang out a few more reps with 5's?

I'm excited about this!

And trembling and noodley. :-)


No comments: