Monday, February 4, 2013

I Ran This Morning!

This is the part where I apologize for still not posting the End of the World Half race report, in which I tell you that I got injured, hence why I'm all excited about a little run this morning.

This is also the part where I have decided to come (at least a little) clean about what is going on in my world.  Mostly because it is my reality and it is impacting obviously my life, but also my exercise. 

So, P and I aren't living together right now.  We are trading weeks, one of us keeps Z in our house, the other lives in AD house.  And then we switch.  We are often still sharing weekends, to try to give some level of normalcy to Z.  I will not go into the nitty gritty of why all of this is happening.  Nor will I postulate on the future.  This is the now that I am living.

So, how has that impacted my exercise?  Well, I can't run in the morning when I'm at home any more, because there is no sleeping adult to leave with Z.  And I'm still not sure about running at AD's house.  I mean, I need to.  I will.  I just need to get out of my head about learning new routes in a new neighborhood, that's all.  Wasn't a problem, really, because I was giving my knee a month off, but it is time to start running again, so all of this will need to get worked out.

What I have been doing is riding my bike on the trainer on the weeks that I have Z, and doing core work.  I am very pleased with that.  And on the weeks that I'm at AD house I've been doing P90X, all hard core like.  I am also very pleased with that!

And last night P stayed over so he could watch the Super Bowl on the nice TV with DVR, so there was a sleeping adult to leave in the house, so I ran!  I only went 3 miles, but I was so very pleased that I have not lost all my stamina or wind.  I did 3 sets of 9/1s.  And it was... perfect.  I love running and missed it so much!

So there it is.  Out there.  For those of you who know me in real life, I'm still not advertising this, ok?  But I need this blog.  And what I found is that I can't censor that aspect of my life from here and still be able to really write.  I know I could go private, but I don't want to.  I started this blog a long time ago to document my running journey, and this freaking bumpy road that I am currently on is a part of that.  I own that.  It is where I am now.  And hopefully, I'll be running on it.

1 comment:

Darcy said...

Vaulted.

Hugs on demand.