Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Morning Ride

I am *so* much more comfortable on my old shitty "comfort"/mountain bike than I am on my road bike.  Perhaps it is because I'm not clipped in?  And bent way over?

But I think I may need a new mountain bike.  I can feel my knees protesting at the fit of this one.  But part of that is my fault... I purposely have the seat on this low so I can touch the ground with my toes from a sitting position.  I think that is what makes me so much less spazzy on this bike, but I also think it may be jacking up my knees.  What to do?

Anyways, the ride went really well.  I didn't brush my hair beforehand so that it would annoy me along the way and I'd have to practice riding one-handed to deal with it.  Again, I just can't get over how much more comfortable I am on this bike.  I actually rode, pedaling, with one hand on my thigh for a little ways.  Me!!  Seriously!  (I know this is child's play for most people, but I didn't ride a bike as a child, so I'm working on my Kid skillz now.)

6.5 miles in 40 minutes.  Sheesh.  I haz a need for speed!!

(Riding outside on the mountain bike because I'm seriously entertaining the thought of signing up for XTERRA Magnolia Hill in early July.)

No comments: