Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lungs are Back on the Run!

So I finally went to the doctor last Thursday for the cough that had been plaguing me for 10 days.

Bronchitis.

Dun dun dun....

So she put me on some uber strong antibiotics and told me no running til Sunday.  I finally felt a bit better Saturday, and have seen steady improvement since then.  Sunday I still didn't feel up for running, but this morning was THE morning.

I decided to do run/walk intervals so that I didn't overtax my still-raw lungs.  I was running on my track-loop course, so I figured run to the end, walk the end-cap, run back, rinse, repeat.  Turned out that running to the end was almost exactly 4 minutes, so I set up a 4/2 interval.  I only coughed up lung-goo once, so I'm counting it as a success!  2.53 miles in 30:33 on a 4/2 interval, except the last one where I ran 6:33 to close it out.

My lungs feel.... a little scratchy and raw.  I'm still definitely coughing a bit.  But I don't think I messed anything up.  I think I just need to continue in the relatively conservative vein at least until the end of the week.

And the best part?  When I got in Edward and turned on some music and started driving to work, I felt so good.  I mean SO GOOD.  Happy.  In the morning! 

No comments: