Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I Love My Maid! And Races.

My house is soooooo clean, y'all!!  Cleaner than it has probably ever been.  Certainly cleaner than it has ever been since the day we purchased it.  It is Auh-maz-ing. I loooooove it!  I cannot believe I waited so long to get a maid.  If you are reading this, and you are thinking about a main, DO NOT HESITATE.  Seriously.  Best decision I've made in a long time.  Probably some of the best money I'll spend every month, too.

And on to the running.  I really want to race this weekend.  Preston *may* have to work.  It is a source of endless irk to me that his company has been scheduling overtime and then cancelling it every week for the last 3, so I have no idea if he'll actually be around or not.  Add that to the fact that most local races aren't stroller friendly, and you have me not being able to schedule a race.

So with that said, I've got 2 potentials for this weekend, and I'm pretty determined to hit one or the other.
Saturday: Sprint for Life 5K - like this idea because it is on my birthday, and they have a "Trot for Tots" dash that is so short that Z could do her first race!  It is not stroller friendly, though, so if Preston works it is out.
Sunday: Go for Goal 5K - stroller friendly second choice if Saturday doesn't pan out.  They both offer race day registration, so now I'll just sit back and see.
Maybe I could do both... 

And then for the following weekend I'm interested in the YMCA Trail Run, which is close ish.
Or the weekend afterwards, Girls on the Run. (Tech-t and STROLLER FRIENDLY)
For future, Father's day has the Dad's Day 5K, which I think would be really nice, considering Preston's Dad has prostate cancer.  (Not stroller friendly, which is insane since it is supposed to be family oriented, but whatever.)
And for July 4: Bud Heat Wave 5 Miler (not stroller friendly)



No comments: