Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Running this Week

(And last week.)  Has been a bit of a bust, until this morning.  I ran again, whee!

Interesting run this morning.  We're still adjusting to our new routines, so I didn't feel like I could venture too far afield.  So I ran my little loop course, each loop is just under a mile.  It was kind of a drag this morning: out is very gently downhill, and the wind was at my back (read: it was hot), and back is slightly uphill, with a strong headwind (read: hard).  Ha.  Would have been a good morning to take my other usual route, which would have had the wind at my side for most of the morning.

Benchmark: 3 loops = 27:10

The last half of the last loop I had a sudden realization that I was running in a "marathon slog" style.  My feet were barely coming off the ground.  And I was slow, slooooooow, slow.  So I made a conscious effort to look more like a "runner".  And wouldn't you know that I dropped over a minute in pace, just from thinking about how my legs were working and getting a little uncomfortable with it.  Lesson learned.  I can run 3 miles.  When I finish 3 miles I feel like I can go farther.  Now it is time to run it better, faster, stronger.  I need to focus on that.

No comments: