Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Goal Review

I'm still going to do my monthly goal reviews, to keep me honest!

Goals for the Year:
Lose 12 pounds in 2012.  Weight on 1/1 was 138.8.  Weight this morning was 132.6.  That is AWESOME progress.
Read at least 12 books (other than to my child) in 2012.  4 books read (and enjoyed) in January.  Also great progress!  I have a bit of mommy-guilt when I read and enjoy it, but stopping pumping at work has really helped because I now read on most breaks and all lunches.  I've only really taken time to read at home on Fridays, which I can't/shouldn't always do, but if I do it once a month, I'm (trying to) giving myself permission to not feel guilty about doing something for me.
Race 12 times in 2012.  No races this year yet.  DNS at the EP5K due to baby sickness.  Considered several other races, but due to various family issues, never registered for any of them.  Am vaguely considering registering for the Buffalo Wallow Cross Country 6K in February.  Next race that I'm actually registered for is 3/3 - the Woodlands Fun Run 5K.  I've got 2 other strong potentials for March, so I'm not panicked about not racing in January or potentially February.
And I have one other secret 12 goal. 2 accomplished towards the 12.  Yay, me!

Eating Goals for January:
Don't eat out: as I talked about earlier, that didn't work out for me, but I'm still pleased with my total 5 times eating out in January, considering the hardship of having AD in the hospital. 
Don't cook anything massively incompatible with my goals: done. 
I didn't track calories all month (and I hadn't made it a goal), but the few weeks I did track did me lots of good.  I feel quite aware of what I'm eating, and that is a very good thing.  I need to start tracking again if I feel myself slipping.

That's it - a very successful month for me!

Goals for February:
Continued progress towards 2012 goals.
Keep eating out to a minimum - maximum once a week.
And this is an unusual category for me, but I've been wanting to get our finances in order for a long time.  Goals for this month are: rollover my IRA, start an IRA for Preston, start a 529 for Zoe, get Preston into direct deposit, get Preston's dues to start automagically deducting, and get the last automatic payment to stop coming out of the credit card account that I want to stop using.  That's a lot, but just one or two of these a week will get it done, and none of these is difficult.  We just have an inertia issue, I think.  The current book I'm reading is Saving for Retirement without Living like a Pauper or Winning the Lottery by Gail Marks Jarvis. :-)

No comments: