Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The New Eating Plan

Mostly me focused, only a bit baby focused. :-)

Work days (M-R)
6: Oatmeal (150 cal, 5 g protein, 4 g fiber - this is my nod to the baby, this'll have more protein and fiber when I'm done breastfeeding because I'll switch to Kashi Go-Lean Vanilla oatmeal 150 cal, 9 g protein, 7 g fiber)
7: Coffee on the way to work (180 cal, 8 g protein, 1 g fiber)
9: Stonyfield Oikos (90 cal, 10 g protein, 0 g fiber)
11: Pringles (110 cal, 1 g protein, 1 g fiber) + Sargento string cheese (50 cal, 6 g protein, 0 g fiber)
2: Amy's cheese burrito (310 cal, 7 g protein, 11 g fiber) + banana (approx. 100 cal, 1 g protein, 3 g fiber) + Viactiv calcium chew (20 cal.)
5:30ish: Dinner
7ish: Dessert (right now most likely 3 milky way darks = 80 cal. or Mocha Cinnamon Pudding that I tried for the first time last week - higher cal (funny, website says 194, magazine said 176), but it feels like I get to eat it for a loooooong time, which is a really good thing and may be worth the extra calories.)
= 1200 calories (42 g protein, 16 g fiber) plus dinner

So far, so good:
Jan 1: 1222 intake calories, as tracked in MyFitnessPal
Jan 2: 1829 intake calories
Jan 3: I'm on track so far!  Oatmeal, coffee, oikos, pringles.  Saving the string cheese for after lunch!

I don't actually have a hard-and-fast goal calorie number.  I want to know how many I ate, I want to be more aware of my eating, and I'd like my net to be around 1700.  But that can kind of average around, too.  Goals this month are NO EATING OUT.  AT ALL (except one time when I'm taking my staff to lunch, pre-planned, and I'm the boss so I can't get out of it!).  And no cooking anything that I know will be massively incompatible with my goals.  I actually think a month of really nit-picking like this will do me a world of good.

No comments: