Monday, January 30, 2012

Benchmark

Last night I ran to my parents' and back with Z in the stroller to check their mail and pick some stuff up.  I ran with the Garmin (my old friend, how I've missed you!) and discovered that their house is .85 miles from mine.  Door to door.  It took me 9:19 minutes to get there.  So there's my benchmark: may it NEVER take that long again.

It took me 9:09 minutes to get home.  But I had to really push the last 4 blocks or so to make that happen!

(What is that - 10:20ish a mile?  With a stroller, that's not too bad!  I was really feeling it, though.)

Other miscellanea:
#2 on the super-secret 12in2012 goal accomplished.
#4 for books read for 12in2012.  The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson was a great read!
Dear Zoë, please start sleeping through the night again.  Mama needs her sleep, even if you don't.
Had a very big cooking day yesterday: corncakes (these taste like cornbread and freeze well and work great for the baby), pudding, quinoa, maple salmon, and Preston did garlicky cream corn, garlic mashed potatoes, mushrooms, and steak.  We've got a ton of leftovers in the fridge!  And only 2 meals left to cook this work week: spaghetti squash (which is easy and also popular with the Z), and frozen pizza on Thursday!  Annnnd I managed to stock 5 yogurts, 3 lunches, and 1 breakfast for the Z's week in daycare, which will make evenings easier as well.
Also: lmao.

No comments: