Wednesday, November 30, 2011

TMI: Girl Stuff

Boys, don't say I didn't warn you!

So, I've experienced my.... return to fertility.  I went 23 (23!!!!!) wondrous months without being... fertile... but, alas, that's over now.

I think it is because we dropped down to only 3 breastfeeding sessions per day... The funny thing is that I've been thinking that this sad day was coming.  I had noticed some "climate changes" in myself in the past few weeks, and I had this weird gross dream the other night only 2 days before things got going again.  Suffice it to say that it woke me up and I ran to the bathroom to check!  And I'm growing a new crop of zits after a lovely 2 year drought.  Le sigh.  (This is kind of funny because I had been telling Preston all of this and he was pretty shocked that I could be that in tune with my body.  I'm not - I knew I was pregnant, and this is just another aspect of that same function.)

The good news is that I'm not experiencing any of the horror issues that I've heard often come with this momentous event.  I'm moodier than a normal day but not disproportionately so.  I haven't had my normal (for 2 years ago, at least - what is the new normal?) cramps or upset tummy at all!  I'm not even taking ibuprofen.  Or anything else!  So on the scale of 1 to really terrible, I'm at a 2 because of the inconvenience, but really this is probably the least bad period I've ever had (there, I said it).

Now where is some wood I can go knock on?

No comments: