Friday, November 4, 2011

Potential Race Musings

Something about the fear of signing up for the Turkey Trot has prompted me to *want* to sign up for more races.  I think the fear may be good for me!

It is so difficult to get out to races with the little one that I'm becoming a bit more discerning about what races I'm willing to come out for!  Basically, you either need to be so close that I'd be an idiot not to come out, you need to have a medal or a tech t, or... no, that's it.  Oooo, or if you allow strollers and don't imply that I'm going to have to only walk with my stroller (though I'm happy to start at the back, I'm running, damnit.).

With that said, I've done a little looking around, and here are some races that I'm considering:

11/12: Team Red White & Blue Veteran's Day 5K/10K - close, tech shirts
12/4: Mistletoe Fun Run (5K or 10K) - fairly close, everyone gets a medal
1/15/2012: EP5K - medals, plus the 1 year anniversary of my comeback 5K!
1/28/2012: Piney Woods Trail Run - close, tech shirts
3/3/2012: The Woodlands 5K Fun Run - close, medals AND tech shirts!
3/17/2012: Warrior Dash - closeish, medals, fun for the whole family

We'll see... we'll see...

No comments: