Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Goal Review

October goal review:
Continue working the partial weaning situation down to 4x per day.  WINNER!!  3x per day, and that's perfect for now!

Work out, anything is better than nothing, and whatever I need to do to make it work is good enough.  I win again!  Nebulous goals are greatly attainable. :-)

Goal: get ready to run the 5 miler on Thanksgiving.  Weeeeelllll... partial win.  I only logged 4 runs this month.  BUT most were near the end of the month, and I biked a lot when I wasn't running, and the last few runs were getting progressively better: stronger, farther, maybe faster.  I feel pretty confident that a non-walking 5K is do-able right now, and I wouldn't feel like I was about to die at the end, so if I can just add a mile a week to my "long" run, I can hit 5 on Thanksgiving, even if my training isn't where I want it to be.

Informal goals: survive Z's party with JaMIL intact.  Check.  Finally finish upstairs. Fail, but made a little more progress.  And move on from Mike's death at work - still working on it, but made good progress.

One thing that I did this month that wasn't on my goal list, but that I'm really proud of is I started doing core in my office on breaks.  I'm trying for every day, but am happy with 3-4x per week.  This has been a sustainable, do-able way for me to get in at least a little core, and we all know I've been wanting to focus on my core.  And I have seen some improvement, so yay!

Weight on October 1 was 131.8.  Weight on November 1 was 132.4.  I honestly had a rough month on this front.  It got a little out of control, but I got it back under control before the end of the month, bringing it back DOWN to only half a pound gained.  A slip but a mental win for limiting the damage.

November goals:
See the 131s again.  Yes, even with Thanksgiving.
Run the Run Thru The Woods 5 miler on Thanksgiving day.  Finish upright and smiling.
Keep up the office core exercises. Goal = 4x per week.

Informal: still wanting to finish the upstairs.  Still wanting to renovate the downstairs.  Hold the line for healthy eating as best as possible, especially on non-holidays!  Get a family picture, darn it.  And get the Christmas cards at least created and ordered.

No comments: