Monday, August 1, 2011

Status Report

Hmmm.... the last time I did a goal review was 2 months ago, oops.  Here it is:

June Goals

1.  Get back to feeling 100%.  Whatever it takes.  CHECK (thank goodness!)

2.  Once I get back on my feet: Work out 5 days out of 7.  No excuses.  (Focus on running and core.  Try to start going back to the Y to swim on Fridays.  But ANYTHING will do.)  Ummm... not so much.  4 days out of 7 is pretty reliable, though.  No Y on Fridays since I quit the gym.  Running is becoming much more regular, and that is good.  Core... umm... not so much.

Informal goals: get Preston to finish the upstairs floor (FAIL), run another 5K (FAIL)... that's pretty much it.  Trying to go a little easier on myself this time around.

Easier I definitely went!

Weight on 6/3 was 135.0.  Weight this morning was an even 133.0.  (AND it is Monday morning.  I was an even 132 all weekend, so I think that I've got a pound of bloat. :-))  That's a slower weight loss than I had been seeing at only 1 lb per month, but I'm only 3 pounds away from goal weight range, so it makes sense that it is happening more slowly now.  Slow and steady will win me this race, and damnit if I'm not almost there!


August Goals:

1.  I really want to get to the 5 days per week of working out; just as much as I wanted it back in June!  I think with the baby it just isn't happening for me.  It is ok if it doesn't.  And if I have to set the goal at 5 days to get my actual performance to 4, then so be it.  5 days a week is my dream.  4 is my slightly more reasonable expectation.  Both are goals that I have to work hard every day to make happen.

2.  This month I really truly want to focus on core.  I've said it several times in the past, but I just haven't really gotten there.  But here's the thing: I'm almost to goal weight, and I'm still not pleased with how I look.  I'm just a little... squidgy... around the middle.  And I can definitely feel my lack-of-core when I run, and after I run.  I'm really never going to get a better time to focus on my core.  Once I quit or drastically reduce breastfeeding, I'll want to up my aerobic exercise quite a bit.  Whereas right now, it is no huge loss to redirect 10-15 minutes of my exercise per day.  So that's the real goal.  Finally and truly make this month a core-focused month.  I started this morning by doing Core I.  Only 30 days to go!

Informal goals: I want to make significant progress on the house this month.  We have an unprecedented opportunity to move into the house that my parents are buying tomorrow while we get work done on our house.  This is really key because we don't want the baby around the gunk and sound of renovation.  We need to get on this.  We need to figure out what we want to do and get started getting it done.  Like ASAP.

No comments: