Wednesday, August 3, 2011

"Fun" Run

I did a version of the "fun" run idea that I posted about last week.

.25 mi walking warm-up, with short run at the end
25 crunches/30 sec plank/10 squats
1 mile run+short walk to get breath back
25 crunches/30 sec plank/15 squats
1 mile run + short walk to get breath back
25 crunches/30 sec plank/20 squats
.25 mi hard run
cool down

Even though my numbers are fuzzy above, this was over 3 miles total according to gmaps, with 2.5 of them running, and it took almost exactly 45 minutes including the warm up and cool down.

I chose crunches/plank/squats because I could do the crunches and plank on a park bench and not get down on the ground (silly, I know, but there it is), and I didn't do the lunges because I didn't want to burn out on my first try!  I definitely want to work up to working them in, though, as well as to adding at least another set. 

I was proud of myself, too, because I ran the miles without walking.  That seems like such a small goal in the scheme of what I used to be able to do, but it is honestly where I am right now.  I am hoping that by forcing myself to have the mental stamina to make it through 10ish minutes of running, I can work my way back to miles of running, because I really think my mind is my limiter, even though my body also isn't where I want it to be.

I'm going to be sore!

No comments: