Thursday, August 18, 2011

3 (Random and Unrelated) Things Thursday

1.  I had my dr. appt. yesterday.  I'm fine.  I send Preston this text ahead of time: "I bet I'm going to pay $60 for the doc to cop a feel and tell me I'm fine.  If so, I'm going to be PISSED."  And that is *exactly* what happened.  She told me that they couldn't do an ultrasound or mammogram while I am lactating because the inflammation from the milk production would make anything abnormal too difficult to see.  So she did a physical exam, didn't feel anything, and told me it was probably a broken capillary.  I was a little frustrated because she wasn't very pro-breastfeeding past 6 months.  She told me that it was unnecessary that I'm still breastfeeding, and that people who go past 1 year are really taking it too far.  (Not true, doc!)  But she didn't tell me to stop, and I told her I was planning on going at least a year unless she did.  So, onward!

2.  Z is getting a little separation anxiety in the mornings when I leave her at daycare.  When I go to kiss her bye, she flings up her arms and begs to be picked up, or tries to climb me, or whines, or all 3.  It really is heartbreaking.

3.  I am meeting an old friend for a playdate on Friday.  Actually, I'm having her over to my insanely dirty house.  I haven't seen her in 7 or 8 years... we were unlikely friends.  Her boyfriend actually cheated on her with me, then broke up with her, dated me, then cheated on me with the chick that introduced me to Preston, broke up with me, then dated her!!  What a tool, but I got Preston out of the whole convoluted thing, and this old friend was actually a really good friend for a while.  After college we just sort of fell out of touch, and I remember getting an email from her along the lines that she was cleaning up her contacts and did I still want to be friends.  I said of course, but then never heard from her again til she friended me on Facebook.  When I saw that she moved to my area and she has a son that is only 2 months younger than Z, I decided to message her, and here we are.  I'm actually pretty nervous about the whole thing.  We were both pretty awkward back in the day, and I certainly haven't grown out of it.  I hope we're not both miserable, I hope we both still like each other, I hope we can be real friends instead of Facebook friends!  P and I don't make friends easily, and both of our good sets of friends live across town - it would be *so* cool to have a couple just minutes from the house with a kid approximately the same age that we were friends with!  Plus, well, I just always really liked her.  We had a lot of fun.  She forgave me for being the "other woman" - she is a better person than I may ever be.  I respect her and like her and I want to be her friend.  I really hope this doesn't suck!  Trying not to get my hopes up, but hoping at the same time.  (Reading this last one back over and I sound like a kid, but oh well, there it is.)

No comments: