Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Week 19

Cravings:
Not really. But still super-hungry. I'm really enjoying eating what I want when I want without really worrying (much) about calories.

Aversions:
Don't really know any more. Still not wanting chocolate as much as pre-preg, but not sure that it still counts as an aversion.

Other symptoms:
I am moody. Freaking moody. Last Wednesday, every other thing out of P's mouth made me want him to die. Or at least to go into the other room. Not his fault - he generally isn't this annoying (hence his still-breathing state), therefore, it must be my hormones. Then on Sunday I had a full-on cry fest. Twice. Yeah, that was super fun. Then Monday/Tuesday, the vendors at work were getting on my nerves, and I told my boss, "I've lost my ability to sugar-coat right now. I need you to censor this email." For reals.

Things bugging me:
Work.

Current weight: 141

Feeling the Kid randomly every day now. She seems most active in the evenings, but I get little kicks throughout the day. She kicked so hard on Monday night that P felt it again! Last night she kicked so hard that I swear I saw my hand move.

Other preggo stuff:

We (finally) worked on the nursery this weekend.

Here is the whole story. On Friday, I went to the knee doc, Aunt Dollie's, then to Little Miyako because I was craving some miso. Then I was right next door to Motherhood Maternity, and holy shit they have cute stuff!! So, I'm out 75 bucks (holy shit their shit is expensive - everything I got was on sale!!!), but I have 3 cute tops that I picked out for myself. It is surprising what a difference that can make, wearing your own clothes. I never realized it until I wore someone else's for more than a month, then got something of my own! Anyways, then I went to pick my new glasses from SAMS, stopping by Home Depot for some zero VOC primer (safe for baby!), which they DIDN'T HAVE. Losers. Jumping on the Lowe's train now. Then down to Lowe's for the primer, then to Target for some groceries, then home. I was gone from 9:30 to 4, and I was freaking exhausted.

Next morning, I wake up at the ass-crack of dawn and start getting shit done. Laundry, dishes, converting pics to jpgs, etc. I must be nesting! When P got up I dragged him up to the nursery and we got that bitch primed and the floor down to plywood. Then we went to Lowe's and spent lots of money on more supplies, with the plan of killing the popcorn ceiling before the 2nd coat of primer, then patching, priming, and painting the ceiling as well, then putting the paint on, then the floors in. Well, the trip to Lowe's exhausted me, but as much of that as possible is on the schedule for next weekend!

I am *so* relieved that we are finally making progress up there. So relieved.


Non-preggo stuff:

Moved up to Couch to 5K week 4. Skipped week 3 entirely. Had been elongating week 2 runs, so instead of 90 run/2 minutes walk, I was doing 4 intervals of 2 minutes run/90 walk, 1 of 2.5 min run/1 min walk, and 1 3.5 minute run to close the thing out. When I looked at Week 3, it was easier than that, so I skipped the thing. With that said, though, I was really worried going into the 5 minute runs. I gave myself permission to walk after 4 minutes if I needed to. I was short of breath, but I knew I could last 60 more seconds, I mean, hell, I've run a marathon!! So I've gotten 2 Week 4 runs in so far, and I'm so proud of myself!!

No comments: