Thursday, May 20, 2010

It's a....


Or, you know, girl! :-)

So, I had the ultrasound yesterday, and I was sure, absolutely sure going in that it was a boy. She poked me and prodded me and measured things and P and I watched The Kid. The Kid kicked, a lot, and I'd say "Whoa!!" every time. She was kicking harder than normal - I think she doesn't like to be compressed in there... anyways, I'm sure now that what I was feeling were kicks! And that is sooooo cool!

Anyways, finally the lady gets this shot like The Kid is sitting on the camera. With her legs a little spread. I'm thinking, I don't see his willy. But I'm not wanting to say anything. Finally P says, "It's a girl, isn't it?" And the lady says yes. I actually asked her if she was sure, because I was sooooo sure it was a boy! But a girl, yay! We've even got an ultrasound pic with an arrow pointing at the distinct lack of boy bits. (Boy, would it sure suck if The Kid really was a boy - he'll never live down us not being able to find the goods!)

My dad is super-excited. I'm really happy. I'm already planning a pretty sage green nursery with an animal theme.

And then this morning, when Grimmy was having his morning suck, she got all ticked at him compressing her space, and she kicked really hard 5 times. I put my hand down there and I could feel it!! On the outside!!! So I woke Preston up and we layed there for about half an hour, and he thinks he felt her too!

Sooooo cool.

Can't wait to start painting this weekend. And, you know, laying floors.

Oh, and for the record, this is what I want my shower cake to look like:
Only I want Spock instead of Darth Vader. And I want it to say "It a Gril!", instead of "It's a girl!", and I want a Carrot Jockey on there somewhere. And it should be marble cake, people. Marble. Baby likes marble. (This is the Cake Wrecks reference to that shower cake. And Cake Wrecks is where I got the Gril cake from too. And if you haven't read Cake Wrecks, go do it, it is hilarious. You will thank me.)

No comments: