Thursday, March 1, 2012

Goal Review

Goals for the Year:
Lose 12 pounds in 2012.  Weight on 1/1 was 138.8.  Weight on 2/1 was 132.6.  Weight this morning was 133.2.  Not gonna lie: it was a rough month.  If I had had to post my weight 2 weeks ago, I would have been really ashamed.
Read at least 12 books (other than to my child) in 2012.  1 book read in February, bringing the grand total to 5.
Race 12 times in 2012.  No races this year yet but I'm registered for the Woodlands Fun Run 5K on Saturday!  And I signed up for the Bellaire Trolley Run on 3/31.
And I have one other secret 12 goal. 2 more accomplished towards the 12, making the grand total 4.  Yay, me!

Eating Goals for February:
Eat out once a week or less: general success in terms of the weekends with Preston, had an unusual week where 2 good friends came up to work for long lunches, and well, I wouldn't take that back.  I also had 2 unusual weeks where I was stuck in all day meetings (twice each week) where lunch was provided.  Let's just say that whoever ordered lunch wasn't on a diet.  Nothing for it.  Onto March, in which I'll do better!
Don't cook anything massively incompatible with my goals: done.


Financial Goals for February:
Rollover my IRA: paperwork filled out and submitted, waiting for confirmation or instructions.
Start an IRA for Preston: nope.
Start a 529 for Zoe: done, account opened, just need to write the check now.
Get Preston into direct deposit: fail.  Hopefully when he gets un-furloughed.
Get Preston's dues to start automagically deducting: done.
Get the last automatic payment to stop coming out of the credit card account that I want to stop using: fail.
Finished reading Saving for Retirement without Living like a Pauper or Winning the Lottery by Gail Marks Jarvis (love!), and as a result of that, I also: rebalanced both Preston's and my retirement accounts and the ongoing contributions to them.  And I have more goals for next month from a plan that I drew up this month. :-)  Even though I didn't accomplish all of my initial financial goals this month, I made really good progress, and more importantly, I feel interested and empowered after reading that book!


Goals for March:
Continued progress towards 2012 goals.
Keep eating out to a minimum - maximum once a week.
Finances: start IRA for Preston, get Preston into direct deposit, get that last automatic payment off the credit card I want to stop using, get our respective moms off the last 2 of our respective accounts, consolidate assets (from 4 financial firms to 2) and in the process balance our "portfolio" (still really feels weird to say that - isn't that something adults do??), work on a Will.  Oh, and finish taxes!!  (We're like 99% done - we just need to get off our duffs and click submit!)

No comments: