Thursday, March 22, 2012

Last Weekend Update

Last weekend was a big one for us.  Friday was Preston's last furlough-day.; I was off, so we took the day and frantically built the rest of the furniture we bought from Ikea.  It took allllllll day.  All day.  And I swear, I must have made 30 trips upstairs carrying books, and I'm only about halfway done transferring all the books!

Breaking down the old bed.
Building the new headboard.
New shelves, all lined up and ready to go.
Grimmy "helping".
Saturday was St. Patrick's Day, which all redheads are legally required to dress for!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
We hung out for a normal morning, all dressed up.

What a ham!
Helping Daddy play.
Then Saturday was the second to last day of the Rodeo, and we wanted to take the Z for her first time.  We had a normal morning, then headed over after her nap.  It was a huge hit.  Huge.  We went basically only to the Stockyard part so she could see all the animals: cows, goats, sheep, pigs, chickens, rabbits, even bees!  She really really loved it.  By the time we were done with that, it was time for dinner.  I was really nervous about that part because there are never enough tables at the rodeo, and usually you end up eating while sitting on a curb.  Well, we did, but Z behaved really really well.  I had P sit first (I was holding Z and lots of food), then I handed him down the food, and set her down standing, then I sat and she actually ran over to the curb and imitated me!  I think she may have been a little intimidated by her surroundings, because she sat unusually close by my side, and she stuck with me without trying to escape for far longer than I would have ever anticipated - long enough to actually eat!  Then we went in search of funnel cake, which she absolutely loved.  She started saying and signing "more" as soon as a bite was in her mouth, before she even chewed it!

Chickens!
First funnel cake. 
Sunday the goal was a lazy day around the house, but we did make it to the park for some shenanigans and a walk along the bayou.

She went down this slide over and over again.

Loving the swing.
Wanting to see her pic before it even gets taken.


No comments: