Thursday, December 29, 2011

Milk Machine


I was looking back through old photos, and as the milk machine has grinded to a halt, I realized I never posted these photos we took back in January, when I was in the midst of peak production.  And I was a Machine.  So without further ado:

I'd pump into bottles.
Pre-label bags.

Measure.


Pour into bags.

Get all the air out before closing.

An overview in process.
And end up with a lot of milk for freezing.
(I always bagged several days at once, because I found the bagging process so labor intensive, but I didn't like pumping into bags because The Overachiever/Exsanguinator produced so much more than The Slacker that I needed to even it out for storage.  Well, that, and The Overachiever actually produced more in one session than a bag could hold.)

 For the record, the dropping of the mid-day pumping this week has gone well.  I'm not sure how many oz I had frozen when I was at peak capacity - my guess is several hundred - (definitely enough to necessitate that we buy another freezer!) but as of ZoĆ«'s final daycare bottle last week, there were 7 oz, read it, 7 oz remaining frozen.

It just turned out absolutely perfectly - I couldn't have possibly planned it this well.  Z was exclusively breastfed for 12 months (even through the assassination attempt and my tooth issues), and all bottles from 12-15 months contained breastmilk, even after we added cow's milk from a cup and that shifted to her primary beverage.  And I still have 7 oz in case I need/want to go on a date one night. ;-)  And we're still happily breastfeeding mornings and nights.  I really, honestly couldn't have asked for more. :-)

No comments: