Tuesday, December 20, 2011

It Finally Happened

Dear Zoë,

Yesterday Daddy claims that you were asking for me as soon as y'all got home.  You were all, "Mama, mama?"  He claims.

Then I got home and I reached out for you and you DENIED me.  Ouch.  Daddy said, "Zoë, do you want to go to Mama?"  And you said, wait for it, "NO!!!"  While shaking your head no.  Emphatically.

Mommy had a sad.

So I went about my business, putting away the milk that I SQUEEZE FROM MY BODY every day at work for you to drink, and then without looking at you directly (It's like a kitty - don't look at you directly, and somehow you don't know I'm coming), I snuck you into my arms from Daddy.  Daddy promptly vacated the premises, and I was left with you yelling at me while I tried to quickly get you some dinner.

By the time Daddy rejoined us, I was almost glad you love him better.  (But not really.)

With you fed, I read to you while we waited for Daddy to get the shower ready (you still prefer me for reading), then y'all headed off to the shower while I made your meals for the next day, our little nightly ritual.

So I'm at the cutting board cutting up grapes for you when I head Daddy call for me, and you start crying.  I ran to the bathroom to see what happened - how you got hurt.  And, oh, little girl, Mama had a big laugh, because it finally happened, the thing I've been worrying about: you had dropped a GIANT deuce in the shower.  Complete with visible corn and spinach in it.  Nice.

All I can say is THANK YOU for giving that lovely gift to your favorite parent!

Love,
Mama

No comments: