Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend was a whirlwind of sleep.



Fast-paced action.



And more sleep.





Ha, in all seriousness, that's what it seemed like.  I worked extra on Friday so I can get this coming Friday off to go see Harry Potter!!  My mom still had Z because she was sick all week.  I got home from work and mom immediately left to go back home.  We played and slept the rest of the day away.

Saturday we woke up and started all of our housework before taking Z to her other grandparentals' for a night out.  We dropped her off and hung out for an hour or so, then hit the secondhand kids' store, Old Navy, and Freebirds on the way home.  I got some great stuff at the secondhand store!  A Gymboree coat for this winter, never used with tags still on, $10, a fall/raincoat, plus a cute top and 2 little one-piece outfits.  I looooove shopping for the baby, and I love it more when I get great deals!  It is really funny, though, I'll be sifting through a rack of clothing, and I'll see something cute.  I'll say, "Oh, look at this, this is cute!", show it to P, and then check the label.  What do I see?  8 times out of 10: Gymboree.  1 time out of 10: Children's Place.  Seriously.  Gymbo just has something about it.  I think it is cute before I even know it is a brand name.  Crazy!  Old Navy was a total disappointment, though.  I have a Groupon for $20 of stuff for $10, and I have to use it by the end of the month, but I just couldn't find anything I wanted/liked. :-(  The store we were in was totally picked over, though, so I might try another one next weekend.  Freebirds was, as usual, yummy.

Once we got home we watched some Tour de Crashes (aka Tour de France), and hit the sack early for a looooong lovely night of uninterrupted sleep.

Sunday I got up and went for a nice run along the bayou before P woke up.

Then we had pancakes for breakfast, went to the store, and did some housework in peace before he went to pick up Z.  I stayed home and baked muffins and cooked a potato/squash thingy while they were gone.  Z unfortunately took a long nap on Daddy around 5 (pictured above), and therefore getting her to crash last night was a beast!  Hoping she'll adjust quickly to being back in daycare now that she's well again.

And that's the weekend in a nutshell!

(Oh, the middle picture above is Z on a walking toy at her grandparents' house.  (J, there is a video on Facebook.)  She is a *machine* on that thing!  And P and I love it because it saves our backs.)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: