Thursday, July 14, 2011

Standing Woman!

Tuesday when I dropped the Z off at daycare, she stood at the little table playing with a ball (her favorite type of toy).  I left the room, put my shoes back on, and was talking to Miss Mary.  Then I turned and looked through the window, which I always do so that I can wave bye to Z if she is watching.  She was, still standing at that table.  I waved to her and said, "Bye bye Zoë!", and she LET GO of the table WITH BOTH HANDS and waved bye to me!  Just stood there unsupported like it was nothing!  Waving and everything!  What a big girl!  Of course, both Miss Mary and I pitched an appropriate congratulatory fit.

Since then, she has replicated the feat multiple times, and last night we finally got a pic.

Behold, Standing Woman (who is also eating a peach through her mesh thingy - Multitasking Woman):




She just stands there calm as you please, and when she needs help, she very calmly turns and looks for my hand, then gently takes my finger and steadies herself.  It is really impressive (especially to me, since I'm such a spaz).

What a big girl!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: