Thursday, May 12, 2011

Postpartum Weight Loss and more Breastfeeding

I just read this, and lmao.

But she has a point.  I've been working out postpartum for what, 4 months now, and I see at best half a pound of weight loss per week.  It is really fascinating... it doesn't seem to matter how well or badly I eat, or how or if I work out.  I lose an average of half a pound a week.  I mean, I even didn't gain weight in Austin when I ate out every day and didn't work out at all!  I'm starting to think it is the breastfeeding... can't let too much weight go in case of famine.  Or something.

I was reading a mommy message board this morning and saw the old refrain, "9 months on, 9 months off", but at this rate, in 2 months when I hit the magical 9 month postpartum mark, I'll still be 5-10 lbs over pre-preg weight.  Bah-freaking-humbug. 

I'm hoping when I quit breastfeeding I'll see a big change.  I think I'll plan to do a hard core diet/exercise push in conjunction with the quitting.  When I quit.  I'm starting to want to quit... not sure if I'm just going through a rough patch or if it is real.  Going to stick with it until I'm sure of my feelings.  It has been a rough few weeks at work and that has all probably contributed to it.  Add it to the Z's fever which is making her latch/unlatch over and over and I'm just feeling fed up.  And tired.  I cannot wait to kill the 3:15am pump session.  I am sure of my feelings about that!!

Debbie Downer a bit today, but that's life, isn't it?  We're all on a roller coaster and I'm just keeping it real and looking forward to the upswing.

No comments: