Monday, May 2, 2011

Full Disclosure

This morning was my first run in 3 weeks.  Actually, my first real workout in 3 weeks.

It went like this: trip to Austin (the best-laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agley and all that - e.g. what was I thinking thinking that I could sneak workouts in while the baby was sleeping in the SAME hotel room with me??  Idiot.), root canal/crown/ finally-finally-the-end-of-the-40-day-toothache-but-only-after-MORE-pain week, and the baby deciding to wake up screaming once every night week.

April was a total bust.  I'll do my monthly review in a seperate post, but I sucked it up in April.  Really really badly. 

But May is a new month.  My birthday month.  I shall not sucketh in May. (Damnit).  So yesterday I walked to bring in the month, and this morning I ran.

It was a beautiful, beautiful morning for a run.  Probably 55 degrees and not super-humid.  I ran sans iSquishy because it wasn't charged.  And it was good.

More later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey -

What shoes are you running in now?

- bgh

Amber said...

Brooks Glycerin 8's. And I went up half a size because of the kid, ew!