Friday, February 5, 2010

Telling a Few Peeps

And why they rock my world.

So I've told my boss and my assistant manager. I know that most people don't tell this early, but if I start having to run out of meetings to pee or hurl, I want at least those 2 people to know that I'm not becoming unreliable!

And I told my Mom and Dad. Who the first night were stunned. And by the second night were excited. Dad says it will be a blue-eyed red-headed baby girl. And by the third night, Mom made the most amazing offer EVAR. When I have to go back to work, she'll start coming down and staying Monday-Thursday with us to babysit. I almost cried when she offered. Such a load off my already freaking out mind.

And Preston couldn't not tell someone, so he texted Aaron, who immediately called and congratulated him, and asked us to dinner so I could tell Justina. Justina surprised me the most: she didn't even bat an eye! Then she offered me maternity clothes and What to Expect When You're Expecting. I asked if I could go over on Friday to pick up at least the book, which I was really wanting to lay my hands on! So yesterday I ran by Panera to pick up lunch for her and the kiddos, and when I got to her house she had 2 boxes of maternity clothes ready, and then offered me all the baby stuff that she had. I told her I'd take anything she was willing to give that she thought I'd want, and I came home with a Menaceload of stuff: 2 saucers, a swing, a bouncy seat, 2 diaperbags, bottles, a changing mattress thingy, a sling, blankets, toys, etc. And a promise of when her son is out of his crib in the next few months, the crib. And when I know what the sex of the baby is, all of the clothes she has. Wow. I mean, seriously, wow. I'm hardly going to have to buy anything!!!!

I've got my first pre-natal doctor appointment scheduled for Friday the 12th. I figure after that we'll tell Preston's family.

No comments: