Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Yesterday I Got a Year Older

It was a quiet birthday, as birthdays go. Preston was working, so I just watched some tv and read a bit and hit the sack when I got home from a long day at work. The long day at work was an accident. I was trying to only give myself fun stuff to do, but it didn't really work out... the coworkers brought yummy foods and stuff, and there is no dieting on birthdays, so I pigged out. Just after lunch I started feeling like I was going to puke. I thought perhaps I had eaten some bad food at lunch? The feeling has persisted into today... I feel terrible.

But back to birthday business... this one was a strange one. Usually I look back at the year and think it felt short. I was 26 and now I'm 27, where did the time go, and all that jazz. This year, I already felt 28. I looked back at the year and thought, "I can't believe I'm not 28 yet." I feel 28. I feel a little old.

It has just been a really heavy year. My first full year in management at work. My boss had some personal tragedy and I had to shoulder a heavy burden while she coped. Then Preston's VAD. Even training for the marathon. I feel my 28, this year.

(It isn't helping that everyone at work assumed I was 30!)

No comments: